CONTACT AKILA Nr. (076) 260 0133 OR PRIYANTHA (71) 280 6671
Pls book Minimum 02 Nights to feel the concept of Elephant Watch Hut .
Our Final Goal Giving Solar powered lamps to village families without electricity whose children have no access to read or write properly while using kerosene oil lamps. " Sri Lanka or Any Part of the World" Elderly villagers and wild life staff when they go out in the night. Thats how important it is.
My name is Buddy, the concept designer & interface of Elephant watch Hut. I am based in Colombo. & not in Habarana. In Habarana, at the Elephant Watch Hut you will meet my trusted Partner Rohitha and the rest of the team members.
Design & Concept
Botakanda means Wild Elephant in the spoken language of the "Indigenous" Aboriginal People of Sri Lanka.
- These Watch Huts are built by villagers on the tree to chase away the wild elephants from eating their crops. Our design & idea's are based on the dream of the farmer who lived before with his family up on the tree.
- We have individual Outdoor Toilet, Shower & Hot Water Powered with LPG gas & no television.
- No of Watch Huts - 3 Watch Huts and 01 Family Hut 3 Feet above ground.
- The Elephant Watch Hut is a very special place created to help local villagers. It is a marriage between local village staff and their culture and tourists - an opportunity for tourists to learn from each other.
- To experience the 'real' Sri Lanka in the company of genuinely warm, honest locals then give it a try.
- There is a chance you will see wild elephants during your stay at Elephant Watch Hut but there’s no guarantee !
- So come here with the right mindset !
- Stay at least 2 nights so that you can take some time to share with the local experiences.